- This event has passed.
Virtual Earth Month – Reflect with Gratitude
April 30, 2020
#reflect: As our #virtualearthmonth comes to an end, we can’t help but feel grateful for the ways in which we were still able to come together and celebrate the 50th anniversary of #earthday. This month was unimaginable in so many ways, but it also taught us the importance of finding light in this darkness, having gratitude for the many things we may take for granted in our lives, and creating and cherishing the moments of joy and inspiration in each day.
We hope you were able to join and follow us during this first-ever, global #virtualearthmonth celebration. Today, we #reflect on the virtual events, #athomeactivism, partner organization highlights, and local resilience resources we shared over these past few weeks. We realize you all played a huge role in these efforts—so thank you! The OSI team would like to recap some of our own moments of joy during this Virtual Earth Month celebration:
1. Celebrated the 5th anniversary of the WaterHub at Emory and the milestone of reclaiming over 300 million gallons of water through the facility;
2. Found new ways to connect and reconnect with the natural world and with each other;
3. Identified the ways in which the people, places and materials in our supply chains are directly tied to our quality of life and to the resilience of our local communities;
4. Were astounded by the resilience of the Emory and Atlanta communities to come together to see each other through this;
5. Connected you all with the incredible and inspiring 2020 student, staff and faculty Sustainability Innovators; and
6. Wrapped up a semester of working with an incredible group of talented, brilliant, and change-making interns who will all be missed dearly!
Thank you so much for being a part of the larger effort to create a sustainable future! Comment and share your personal takeaway as you #reflect on #virtualearthmonth and on how you plan to celebrate #earthdayeveryday!