Farmers Market Highlights
Through a weekly gathering of farms, restaurants, small-scale artisanal businesses, and Emory community members, the Emory Farmers Market fosters education and personal relationships through food. Community members have the opportunity to engage with small-scale producers and support the local economy, contributing to a more robust and sustainable food system, while enjoying delicious, local food.
Since 2008, the Emory Farmers Market has been a lively campus community space for local farms and businesses that offer a wide selection of fresh produce, hand-crafted goods, and diverse beverage and lunch options for students, faculty, and staff.
Farmers Market Benefits
- The Market helps carry out our Sustainability Vision goal to expand food security in the Atlanta area by “supporting the development of a food hub to aggregate, process, and preserve food from local and sustainable farmers.”
- Purchasing food from local producers greatly reduces the energy required to transport food and ensures that produce is in season, which diminishes the associated carbon footprint and negative climate implications of food choices.
- Occasional themed markets celebrate seasonal produce or campus events, including the Tomato Festival, Peach Festival, Student Sustainability Showcase, Sustainable Food Fair, Earth Festival, and more.
How It Works
- The weekly Emory Farmers Market is held on Tuesdays from 11 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on the McDonough Plaza between the Emory Student Center and Woodruff P.E. Center.
- The market is held year-round except during school breaks, and on a biweekly schedule in the summer.
- The Market is run, sponsored, and promoted by the Office of Sustainability Initiatives in collaboration with Emory Dining. It is governed by a subcommittee of the Sustainable Food Committee.
- Students can use Eagle and Dooley Dollars to purchase items at the Market, increasing accessibility for students and increasing profits for our vendors.
dollars from student meal plans spent at the Farmers Market since Fall 2015.
Emory Farmers Market Vendor Profile Series
Welcome to the Emory Farmers Market Vendor Profile Series, where we celebrate and recognize the local artisans and businesses that have not only enriched our market but also positively impacted their own enterprises through their participation.
Select next icon on the top right of video to view other vendor profiles.