- This event has passed.
Virtual Earth Month – Water Wise at Home
April 16, 2020
We all rely on water every day, and our actions can directly impact our community’s water quality and water usage. Luckily, there is much we can do at home to protect our watersheds!
1. Run only full loads in the dishwasher and washing machine.
2. Fix any leaky toilets and faucets.
3. #Keepwipesoutofpipes! As well as fats, rags, oils, grease, chemicals, and medications to protect sewers and water quality.
4. Try a shorter shower
5. Collect rain water if possible to water plants and lawns and water between 4pm and 10am.
6. Learn about your watershed, so that you can appreciate all that it does for you! More info on watersheds, can be found here: https://sustainability.emory.edu/protecting-watersheds-understanding-water-quality/
#EarthDayEveryDay #AtHomeActivism #keepwipesoutofpipes