See our impact around Emory's campuses

Explore our impact across our campuses by initiative:

  • Biodiversity & Landscape
  • Buildings
  • Climate & Air
  • Energy
  • Food & Dining
  • Hard to Recycle Materials
  • Healthcare
  • Social Justice
  • Transportation
  • Waste
  • Water
  • Wellbeing
Druid Hills CampusOxford CampusBriarcliff CampusClairmont CampusMidtownExecutive Park

Peavine Creek

Henry Hornbostel Creek

Largely piped underground from Cox Hall to the Peavine Parking Deck, the Henry Hornbostel Creek is one of four named streams on the Druid Hills campus. It is named for Henry Hornbostel, the architect who laid out the original Druid Hills campus master plan.

Antoinette Candler Creek

Lullwater Preserve

Lullwater Preserve is Emory’s largest and most pristine greenspace, serving as a natural recreational space for students, faculty, and other Emory community members to play, exercise, or spend time with friends and family. Purchased from the Candler family in 1962, Lullwater Preserve serves as a testament to Emory’s commitment to environment preservation–throughout the past half century Emory has intervened on multiple occasions when other parties pushed for development of Lullwater. Lullwater boasts environmental diversity, with an impressive spread of native white oaks, poplars, pines, sweet gums, hickories, and beeches. The preservation of this forest has allowed for the re-establishment of large mammals such as the white-tailed deer in the Decatur/Atlanta area, and also serves as an experiment grounds for Emory’s biology and environmental science classes.

Learn More

Hahn Woods

Hahn Woods was named in 1993 for T. Marshall Hahn Jr., an Emory trustee and then-CEO of Georgia-Pacific. With the help of Georgia-Pacific, Emory reclaimed these 4.7-acres from a landfill. The woods are part of a 60 acre parcel Emory acquired in 1960, which included the Houson Mill House. In 2015 Trees Atlanta instigated a project that focused on restoring the health of Hahn Woods by removing invasive species and replanting native vegetation, particularly in two acres of the woods which serve as a key connection point of the area watershed.

Learn More

South Fork Peachtree Creek

Biology Research Pond

Hearn Woods Nature Trail/Outdoor Classroom

On the Oxford campus, in 1978, biology professor Curry T. Haynes Sr. carved out a nature trail on the west side of the campus, winding from Williams Gym past the soldiers’ cemetery and into the woods between the cemetery and the dining hall.

Learn More

Oxford Historic District

Confederate Cemetery

Learn More

Oxhouse Pond & ENVS Center

Protecting all forms of life on campus and implementing programs to actively preserve local ecosystems are cornerstones of Emory’s environmental stewardship.

Learn More

Department of Environmental Studies

Learn More

Oxford Bamboo Forest

Protecting all forms of life on campus and implementing programs to actively preserve local ecosystems are cornerstones of Emory’s environmental stewardship

Oxford Road Building & Parking Deck

At Emory, our LEED certified buildings with optimized insulation, lighting, and climate control technology reduce building energy use and cut greenhouse gas emissions from building operations, as outlined in Project Drawdown as a critical climate solution.

Learn More

Mathematics and Science Center

Completed in 2002, the Mathematics & Science Center is LEED certified. The Mathematics & Science Center utilizes a closed-loop water cooling system that reduces water use by 69 percent per year, It also has seven showers for use by bicycle commuters, along with recycling stations on every floor and waterless urinals in some men’s bathrooms. The Mathematics & Science Center is also home to Emory’s first green roof.

LEED / Earthcraft Certified

Learn More

Atwood Chemistry Center Addition

The Atwood Chemistry addition was completed in 2015 after nearly 2 years of construction. It received LEED Gold Certification due to its many sustainability features and green building practices.

LEED / Earthcraft Certified

Learn More

Psychology and Interdisciplinary Sciences Building

The Psychology and Interdisciplinary Sciences (PAIS) Building is Gold LEED Certified. The structure’s exterior design includes bioswale in the courtyard, diminishing storm water runoff. The wood-based building materials are harvested from FSC-certified forests and the design makes ample use of natural light.

LEED / Earthcraft Certified 

Learn More

Rita Anne Rollins Building, Candler School of Theology

the Rita Anne Rollins building of the Candler School of Theology was completed in 2008 and received LEED silver certification in 2010. This project is unique in that the pavers used in the hardscape surrounding the building are made of a high-emittance material that lowers the site’s overall heat-island effect. The site was also the former location of buried steam pipes that were insulated with asbestos, and their remediation before the building was constructed allowed the project to earn the ‘brownfield redevelopment’ credit.

LEED / Earthcraft certified 

Learn More

Candler Library

Candler Library Renovation and Expansion attained the 1st SILVER LEED certification on campus for a renovation project.

LEED / Earthcraft Certified 

Learn More

Goizueta Business School

In 2005, Emory’s Goizueta Business School became the first Gold certified LEED for Existing Buildings in the count

LEED / Earthcraft Certified

Learn More

Goizueta Foundation Center

The Goizueta Foundation Center is LEED Gold Certified. As one of the most energy efficient buildings on campus, the GFC’s low flow fixtures reduce water usage by 20 percent, and energy use by 36 percent. An underground cistern captures storm water and condensate from the air handling unit, and that water is reused for irrigation of campus plantings.

LEED / Earthcraft Certified 

Learn More

Winship Cancer Center

The Winship Cancer Center Clinic is LEED certified.

Learn More

Emory Children's Center

The Emory Children’s Center Building is a clinical building jointly owned by Emory and Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. It is LEED Certified.

Learn More

Health Sciences Research Building

The new Health Sciences Research Building was completed in 2013 following the demolition of the Turman West Residence Hall, and was designed to achieve LEED Silver Certification due to its unique green features such as sensors which control the heating system based on number of persons in the building. Emory utilized many green practices in the construction of this building, as 18,548 tons of waste were recycled during construction, or 98% of all construction waste.

LEED / Earthcraft Certified

Learn More

James B Williams School of Medicine Building

Completed in 2007, The School of Medicine’s James B. Williams Medical Education Building is Silver LEED certified.

 

Learn More

Alabama Residence Hall

Renovated in the summers of 2013 and 2014, the Alabama Hall Renovation kept with Emory’s Sustainability Goals and achieved LEED Gold Certification for the many green processes incorporated into its construction, as well as the green design of the building.

LEED / Earthcraft Certified

Learn More

Turman Residence Hall

Turman Hall was the first LEED Silver certified residence hall in the state of Georgia. Opened in 2007, Turman was the first residence hall on campus to include green features such as dual-flush toilets, low-flow faucets, and flooring made from recycled materials such as automobile glass.

LEED / Earthcraft Certified 

Learn More

Hamilton Holmes Residence Hall

This phase of Emory’s first year housing was completed in the summer of 2012 and received LEED Gold Certification. The five-story residence hall features many green aspects in its design and infrastructure, such as graywater in flush toilets and bamboo flooring.

LEED / Earthcraft Certified 

Few & Evans Residence Halls

Evans and Few Halls are Emory’s sixth and seventh buildings to receive LEED Gold certification. Completed in 2008, Evans and Few Halls incorporated many sustainable building design technologies that were innovative at the time. Solar power is used to pump rainwater from a cistern into dual-flush toilets, motion sensors are in individual student rooms and public areas, energy efficient heating and cooling systems are included throughout the complex, the flooring materials in the residence halls are made from recycled carpet, bamboo or recycled automobile glass, and there is a bicycle storage room for over 40 bikes.

LEED / Earthcraft Certified

Learn More

Emory University Hospital Tower

Completed in 2017, Emory University Hospital Tower is the first Emory Healthcare building to become LEED certified.

Learn More

Sorority Village

LEED / Earthcraft Certified

Learn More

Emory Conference Center Hotel

Following renovation in 2010, the Emory Conference Center Hotel achieved LEED Silver status for its environmentally friendly practices such as access to alternative transportation, water efficiency, the recycling and reuse of building materials and resources, indoor environmental air quality, and innovation in design.

LEED / Earthcraft Certified

Learn More

Yerkes Neuroscience Building

LEED Silver / Earthcraft Certified

Learn More

Yerkes Dual Function Facility

Construction on Yerkes Dual Function Research Facility was completed in March 2013 and the building received LEED Gold Certification shortly after its completion.

LEED / Earthcraft Certified 

Learn More

Yerkes Integrated Research Addition

Emory’s expansion of the Yerkes Neurosciences Research Building was completed in March 2013 and received LEED Silver Certification for its green design and integrated infrastructure.

Learn More

Claudia Nance Rollins Building

The Claudia Nance Rollins Public Health Building is Silver LEED Certified. The 8 story building opened in 2010 and was constucted using recycled and renewable materials. The building also includes carbon dioxide monitors, high-efficiency lighting and an enthalpy wheel, which is used to minimize energy use.

LEED / Earthcraft Certified 

Learn More

Whitehead Biomedical Research Building

In 2002, Whitehead Medical Research Building became the first LEED certified building constructed in the Southeast. It currently has Silver LEED certification.

LEED / Earthcraft Certified 

Learn More

Eleanore Raoul Residence Hall

Eleanore Raoul residence hall opened in 2014 and is certified LEED Gold. It was the first on Emory’s campus to use LED lighting from inception. Water reclaimed and cleaned in the Water Hub is used in the toilets in order to limit Emory’s stress on local watersheds.

LEED / Earthcraft Certified

Learn More

Emory Student Center

Completed in 2019, the Emory Student Center is the first Emory building to become LEED Platinum certified. The Student Center employs 400-foot-deep geothermal wells dug into nearby McDonough Field to help heat and cool the facility, and several of the exterior glass walls boast solar-tracking shades to block the heat of the day.

LEED / Earthcraft Certified 

Learn More

Longstreet-Means Residence Hall

Opened in 2010, Longstreet Means Hall is Gold LEED Certified. It features several green amenities, including room occupancy sensor lights, low-flow shower and sink faucets, and dual-flush toilets that are flushed using recycled rain water.

LEED / Earthcraft Certified

Learn More

Pitts Theology Library

Completed in August 2014, this addition to the Candler School of Theology was built with the intention of receiving LEED Silver Certification and received this certification shortly after its completion.

LEED / Earthcraft Certified 

 

Learn More

Green Roof at Complex Residence Ha

The green roof in Complex Freshman Residential Center sits between Hopkins and Smith halls, and was established in 2015 through an OSI Sustainability Incentives Fund grant. In addition to drought-tolerant plants and native species, this green roof boasts lights, outdoor furniture, water fountains, and electrical outlets. The goal was to design a green space that improved energy efficiency and also cultivated a space for students to study or spend leisure time. Emory works to encourage connections between nature and its community in its cultivation of its green spaces, and this green roof serves as just one example of Emory’s commitment to forging environmental relationships.

 

Green Roof at Facilities & Maintenance Building B

The green roof installed along the walkway by Facilities & Maintenance Building B was one of the first installed on Emory’s campus. This green roof serves as an experimental demonstration plot, with slightly different types of bedding and soils in each planting tray in order for students to make scientific comparisons.

Green Roof on Longstreet-Means Residence Hall

Longstreet-Means Freshman Residential Hall, which opened in the Fall of 2010, incorporated many green aspects into its design in order to achieve its LEED Gold Certification. One of these green features was a miniature green roof, which lines the windows on the Eastern wall of the third floor. On the other side of the building, another narrow bed of plants have also found a home on a different roof outcropping. The majority of the plants here were not artificially planted, but instead native species, whose spores and seeds landed on these patches of soil.

Green Roof on Mathematics & Sciences Center

The first green roof on Emory’s campus, the green garden topping the Mathematics & Science Center was originally installed in October 2008. The project was part of a student-led pilot study exploring the benefits of green roofs, but in the past decade had fallen into disrepair. The green roof was revived in 2016 by former Emory student Rebecca Park, who had a particular interest in green infrastructure. The MSC green roof now boasts more than 500 native plants–primarily specimens of drought-tolerant sedum and delosperma–and is cared for by students in the environmental sciences department.

Green Roof on James W. Wagner Quadrangle

The James W. Wagner Quadrangle, a green space among the residence halls of the Freshman Village, is a vegetated green roof for the partking deck below.

Green Roof on Rollins Research Center & Rollins School of Public Health

Oxford College Library at Emory University

LEED Silver

Learn More

Science Building

Constructing healthy and highly-efficient buildings and renovating existing ones to green building standards are cornerstones of Emory’s sustainability commitments.

Learn More

Language Hall Addition

Constructing healthy and highly-efficient buildings and renovating existing ones to green building standards are cornerstones of Emory’s sustainability commitments.

Learn More

Oxford Dining

LEED Registered

Learn More

Fleming Hall

LEED Certified

Learn More

Solar PV on URC Parking Deck

Future site of solar panel installation as part of the Cherry Street Energy SEPA project!

Solar PV Physician Parking Deck

Future site of solar panel installation as part of the Cherry Street Energy SEPA project!

Solar PV on Michael Street Parking Deck

Future site of solar panel installation as part of the Cherry Street Energy SEPA project!

Solar PV on Lowergate South Parking Deck

Future site of solar panel installation as part of the Cherry Street Energy SEPA project!

Solar PV on White Hall rooftop

Future site of solar panel installation as part of the Cherry Street Energy SEPA project!

Solar PV on Health Sciences Research Building I rooftop

Future site of solar panel installation as part of the Cherry Street Energy SEPA project!

Solar PV Gambrell School of Law rooftop

In November 2020, 83kw of rooftop solar was installed on the Gambrell School of Law building rooftop and parking deck top floor in the initial phase of the Cherry Street Energy SEPA project.

Solar PV on 1599 Clifton Road Building

In August 2020, 83kw of rooftop solar was installed on the 1599 Clifton Road building rooftop and parking deck top floor in the initial phase of the Cherry Street Energy SEPA project.

Solar PV on Peavine South Parking Deck

Solar panel installation in Spring 2021 as part of the Cherry Street Energy SEPA project.

Solar PV on Peavine North Parking Deck

Solar panel installation in Spring 2021 as part of the Cherry Street Energy SEPA project.

Solar PV on Fishburne Parking Deck

Future site of solar panel installation as part of the Cherry Street Energy SEPA project!

Solar PV on Emory Conference Center Hotel Parking Deck

Solar panel installation in Fall 2020 as part of the Cherry Street Energy SEPA project.

Solar PV on Clairmont Starvine Parking Deck

Future site of solar panel installation as part of the Cherry Street Energy SEPA project!

Solar PV on Clairmont Residential Center Parking Deck

Future site of solar panel installation as part of the Cherry Street Energy SEPA project!

Solar PV on 1599 Clifton Road Parking Deck

Solar panel installation in Fall 2020 as part of the Cherry Street Energy SEPA project.

Co-generation or Combined Heat and Power

A steam-turbine generator at Emory’s steam plant produces one megawatt of clean power for the campus. Emory’s steam plant burns natural gas to create pressurized steam. Cogeneration/CHP recovers mechanical heat produced by turning generators, adds that heat to the steam system and is able to generate even more electricity by spinning the steam turbine under higher pressures. Link: https://sustainability.emory.edu/emory-university-adds-1mw-of-clean-power-with-innovative-cogeneration-combined-heat-and-power-system/

Solar PV at the WaterHub

Emory’s WaterHub is the first water reclamation facility of its kind in the nation. The solar panels adjacent to the facility provide a portion of the energy required to run the facility, and serve as a demonstration of solar technology on the ground, making solar panels more visible for students and visible than those on Emory’s rooftops.

Solar PV on North Decatur Building rooftop

Emory installed its first rooftop solar panels in the summer of 2015 through participation in Georgia Power’s Advanced Solar Initiative. The North Decatur Building rooftop panels were installed at the same time as the 1762 Clifton Road rooftop panels, which together generate 265 kWh of energy. Solar is one strategy for achieving Emory’s goals of 45% GHG emissions reductions by 2030, and carbon neutrality by 2050.

Geothermal Energy at McDonough Field

A system of 400-foot deep geothermal wells dug into McDonough Field provide some 700 tons of heating/cooling capacity to the Emory Student Center.

Solar PV on 1762 Clifton Rd rooftop

Emory installed its first rooftop solar panels in the summer of 2015 through participation in Georgia Power’s Advanced Solar Initiative. The 1762 Clifton Road rooftop panels were installed at the same time as the North Decatur rooftop panels, which together generate 265 kWh of energy. Solar is one strategy for achieving Emory’s goals of 45% GHG emissions reductions by 2030, and carbon neutrality by 2050.

Solar Water Heating at Emory Student Center

A solar water heating system located in the rectangular panels on the roof of the North Pavilion provides about 40 percent of the building’s hot water needs.

Solar PV on URC Parking Deck

Future site of solar panel installation as part of the Cherry Street Energy SEPA project!

Solar PV Physician Parking Deck

Future site of solar panel installation as part of the Cherry Street Energy SEPA project!

Solar PV on Michael Street Parking Deck

Future site of solar panel installation as part of the Cherry Street Energy SEPA project!

Solar PV on Lowergate South Parking Deck

Future site of solar panel installation as part of the Cherry Street Energy SEPA project!

Solar PV on White Hall rooftop

Future site of solar panel installation as part of the Cherry Street Energy SEPA project!

Solar PV on Health Sciences Research Building I rooftop

Future site of solar panel installation as part of the Cherry Street Energy SEPA project!

Solar PV Gambrell School of Law rooftop

In November 2020, 83kw of rooftop solar was installed on the Gambrell School of Law building rooftop and parking deck top floor in the initial phase of the Cherry Street Energy SEPA project.

Solar PV on 1599 Clifton Road Building

In August 2020, 83kw of rooftop solar was installed on the 1599 Clifton Road building rooftop and parking deck top floor in the initial phase of the Cherry Street Energy SEPA project.

Solar PV on Peavine South Parking Deck

Solar panel installation in Spring 2021 as part of the Cherry Street Energy SEPA project.

Solar PV on Peavine North Parking Deck

Solar panel installation in Spring 2021 as part of the Cherry Street Energy SEPA project.

Solar PV on Fishburne Parking Deck

Future site of solar panel installation as part of the Cherry Street Energy SEPA project!

Solar PV on Emory Conference Center Hotel Parking Deck

Solar panel installation in Fall 2020 as part of the Cherry Street Energy SEPA project.

Solar PV on Clairmont Starvine Parking Deck

Future site of solar panel installation as part of the Cherry Street Energy SEPA project!

Solar PV on Clairmont Residential Center Parking Deck

Future site of solar panel installation as part of the Cherry Street Energy SEPA project!

Solar PV on 1599 Clifton Road Parking Deck

Solar panel installation in Fall 2020 as part of the Cherry Street Energy SEPA project.

Co-generation or Combined Heat and Power

A steam-turbine generator at Emory’s steam plant produces one megawatt of clean power for the campus. Emory’s steam plant burns natural gas to create pressurized steam. Cogeneration/CHP recovers mechanical heat produced by turning generators, adds that heat to the steam system and is able to generate even more electricity by spinning the steam turbine under higher pressures. Link: https://sustainability.emory.edu/emory-university-adds-1mw-of-clean-power-with-innovative-cogeneration-combined-heat-and-power-system/

Geothermal Energy at McDonough Field

A system of 400-foot deep geothermal wells dug into McDonough Field provide some 700 tons of heating/cooling capacity to the Emory Student Center.

1762 Clifton Road Building Solar Panels

Emory installed its first rooftop solar panels in the summer of 2015 through participation in Georgia Power’s Advanced Solar Initiative. The 1762 Clifton Road rooftop panels were installed at the same time as the North Decatur rooftop panels, which together generate 265 kWh of energy. Solar is one strategy for achieving Emory’s goals of 45% GHG emissions reductions by 2030, and carbon neutrality by 2050.

Learn More

Solar Water Heating at Emory Student Center

A solar water heating system located in the rectangular panels on the roof of the North Pavilion provides about 40 percent of the building’s hot water needs.

Solar PV at the WaterHub

Emory’s WaterHub is the first water reclamation facility of its kind in the nation. The solar panels adjacent to the facility provide a portion of the energy required to run the facility, and serve as a demonstration of solar technology on the ground, making solar panels more visible for students and visible than those on Emory’s rooftops.
Learn More

Solar PV on North Decatur Building rooftop

Emory installed its first rooftop solar panels in the summer of 2015 through participation in Georgia Power’s Advanced Solar Initiative. The North Decatur Building rooftop panels were installed at the same time as the 1762 Clifton Road rooftop panels, which together generate 265 kWh of energy. Solar is one strategy for achieving Emory’s goals of 45% GHG emissions reductions by 2030, and carbon neutrality by 2050.

Learn More

Cox Hall Solar Power Charging Station

Cox Hall serves as a major dining hall, study center, and recreational space for Emory students and staff alike, and–as of summer 2015–boasts two solar-powered charging stations as well. Students can charge up to three electronic devices at a time at these solar-powered charging stations using a USB plug-in. These stations serve to bring renewable energy awareness to Emory students and thus cultivate a more environmentally conscious atmosphere on campus.

Learn More

Law School Solar Charging Station

Emory’s Law School houses solar-powered charging stations students, staff and faculty are able use to charge their electronic devices via USB plug-in at these stations located in the courtyard. These stations help reduce Emory’s consumption of nonrenewable energy and signifies Emory’s commitment to sustainability in all of its schools and campuses.

Learn More

ChargePoint Charging Station

Another solar-powered charging station has been installed on Emory’s Oxford campus, allowing Oxford students to utilize renewable energy in order to recharge their electronic devices.

Learn More

EmTech Library Service Center Solar Panels

COMING SOON: The EmTech Library Service Center, created in collaboration between Emory University and the Georgia Institute of Technology, opened its doors in March 2016 and soon will have solar panels installed atop its roof. The Library Service Center was built to house a shared collection amassing millions of books and other materials , with the goal of making these materials seamlessly available to faculty, staff, and students at both Emory and Georgia Tech. This joint project marks the latest chapter in a longstanding public-private partnership between the ATlanta-based institutions and offers advantages for both universities. The solar panels that will top this building will help mitigate the building’s energy use while advancing both universities’ missions of increased sustainability and environmental awareness.

Learn More

Nell Hogdson Woodruff School of Nursing Garden

The gardens are maintained by teams of volunteers that meet for weekly workdays. Most gardens are led by undergraduate and graduate student groups, departments, or classes, but all members of the Emory community are welcome to volunteer. No prior experience is needed.

Learn More

Rollins School of Public Health Garden

The gardens are maintained by teams of volunteers that meet for weekly workdays. Most gardens are led by undergraduate and graduate student groups, departments, or classes, but all members of the Emory community are welcome to volunteer. No prior experience is needed.

Learn More

The Depot Garden

The gardens are maintained by teams of volunteers that meet for weekly workdays. Most gardens are led by undergraduate and graduate student groups, departments, or classes, but all members of the Emory community are welcome to volunteer. No prior experience is needed.

Learn More

Few Demonstration Kitchen

The Few Hall Demo Kitchen can be reserved through the 25 Live system for cooking demonstrations and food recovery student group events, as well as for courses taught about and through cooking. Reservations are managed by Emory Dining.

Learn More

Emory Farmers Market

Since 2008, the Emory Farmers Market has been a lively campus community space for local farms and businesses that offer a wide selection of fresh produce, hand-crafted goods, and diverse beverage and lunch options for students, faculty, and staff.

Learn More

Eagle Row Garden

The gardens are maintained by teams of volunteers that meet for weekly workdays. Most gardens are led by undergraduate and graduate student groups, departments, or classes, but all members of the Emory community are welcome to volunteer. No prior experience is needed.

Learn More

Cox Hall Garden

The gardens are maintained by teams of volunteers that meet for weekly workdays. Most gardens are led by undergraduate and graduate student groups, departments, or classes, but all members of the Emory community are welcome to volunteer. No prior experience is needed.

Learn More

James B. Williams School of Medicine Garden

The gardens are maintained by teams of volunteers that meet for weekly workdays. Most gardens are led by undergraduate and graduate student groups, departments, or classes, but all members of the Emory community are welcome to volunteer. No prior experience is needed.

Candler School of Theology Garden

The gardens are maintained by teams of volunteers that meet for weekly workdays. Most gardens are led by undergraduate and graduate student groups, departments, or classes, but all members of the Emory community are welcome to volunteer. No prior experience is needed.

Learn More

Yerkes Garden

The gardens are maintained by teams of volunteers that meet for weekly workdays. Most gardens are led by undergraduate and graduate student groups, departments, or classes, but all members of the Emory community are welcome to volunteer. No prior experience is needed.

Learn More

Oxford Organic Farm

The 11-acre piece of land that this farm rests on was given to Oxford by an alumnus in 2011. Oxford decided to create a working organic farm on this land that not only provided fresh produce for student dining, but also provided hands-on interdisciplinary learning experiences for students. Many Oxford faculty members in all fields, including sociology, biology, philosophy, environmental science, and wellness, incorporate Oxford farm into their curricula.

Learn More

WOODRUFF Residential

Woodruff Lobby – 1st Floor

Hopkins Hall

Hopkins Hall Lobby facing Goizueta Business School. Closest station to Smith, Thomas, and Harris.

RAOUL Hall

Raoul Lobby Area Near All-Gender Bathrooms. Closest station to Turman, Hamilton-Holmes, and Longstreet-Means.

AMUC

2nd Floor Back Stairwell near Back Stairs

WOODRUFF MEMORIAL RESEARCH BLDG

2nd Floor Near 2105

WHITEHEAD BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH BLDG

Ground Level Lobby Area behind Whitehead Auditorium.

VISUAL ARTS

1st Floor Breakroom Area

PSYCHOLOGY AND INTERDISCIPLINARY SCIENCES

Recycling Room

OXFORD ROAD BUILDING

Recycling Room near Loading Dock Exit Door behind Barnes/Noble

O. WAYNE ROLLINS RESEARCH CENTER

G Level Elevator Lobby Backside of Grand Staircase

NELL HODGSON WOODRUFF NURSING

Plaza Level of Nursing School Connector to Public Health

Gambrell School of Law

Gambrell Hall Receiving Loading Dock Area on 1st Floor.

JAMES B. WILLIAMS MEDICAL EDUCATION BLDG

SOM Recycling Room on Basement Level near Loading Dock Exit Door. Closest station to WHSCAB.

HEALTH SCIENCES RESEARCH BUILDING

Recycling Room near Loading Dock on Lower Level

GRACE CRUM ROLLINS BUILDING

P Level Exit Door leading to Grace Crum Loading Dock. Closest station to Claudia Nance Rollins.

GOODRICH C. WHITE HALL

Lobby – 2nd Floor – Eastside of Building Facing Cannon Chapel. Closest station to Convocation Hall.

GOIZUETA BUSINESS SCHOOL

GBS Jenkins Commons – Lower Level in Kitchen/Break Room. Closest station to Goizueta Foundation Building and Schwartz Center.

FM BLDG - B

Building B Outside Training Room. Closest station to all FM buildings.

COX HALL

2nd Floor Northside Entrance. Closest station to Alabama Hall.

Administration Building

1st Floor Break Room Southside of Building

CANDLER SCHOOL OF THEOLOGY/PITTS THEOLOGY LIBRARY

Rita Anne Rollins Building – 4th Floor Near Restroom Area. Closest station to Cannon Chapel.

Robert W. Woodruff Library

2nd Level Receiving Area – Exit to Loading Dock. Closest station to Candler Library and Rich Memorial Building.

Callaway Memorial Center

Lower Level Vending. Closest station to Tarbutton, Bowden, Anthropology, and Modern Languages.

North Decatur Building

NDB 1st Floor Main Lobby near Exit Doors to Eastside Parking Lot. Closest station to Burlington Rd. building.

Briarcliff Building B

Main Entrance of Briarcliff Building B Lobby. Closest station to Library Service Center.

Michael C. Carlos Museum

Inside loading dock. Closest station to Carlos Hall.

1599 Clifton Rd.

1st Floor Lobby near Receptionist Desk and Parking Deck Entrance. Closest station to Miller-Ward Alumni House.

MATH AND SCIENCE CENTER

Math and Science 2nd Floor Atrium near Built In Recycling Center. Closest station to B. Jones building.

ATWOOD CHEMISTRY CENTER

1st Floor of Atwood Chemistry near Room 176. Closest station to Emerson.

1525 Clifton Road

1st Floor of 1525 – Just inside of Loading Dock

1762 CLIFTON ROAD

LITS Suite and Dock 1350 inside roll up door

WOODRUFF P E CENTER

1st Floor Near Hydration Station. Closest station to Dobbs Hall.

1462 Clifton Rd.

Connector 1462/O.Wayne Rollins

1599 Clifton Rd

1st Floor Lobby near Receptionist Desk and Parking Deck Entrance

1762 Clifton Rd

LITS Suite and Dock 1350 Inside Roll Up Door

Emory Recycling Center

The Emory Recycling Center is an on-campus sorting facility where most of Emory’s recyclables are sorted and baled. The Recycling Center also have sorted bins for community members to drop off materials to be recycled.

Briarcliff Building B

Main Entrance of Briarcliff Building B Lobby

Visual Arts Building

1st Floor Breakroom Area

FM Building B

Building B Outside Training Room

School of Nursing

Plaza Level of Nursing School Connector to Public Health

Claudia Nance Rollins Building

Recycling Room near CNR Loading Dock on Lower Level

Grace Crum Rollins Building

P Level Exit Door leading to Grace Crum Loading Dock

O. Wayne Rollins Research Center

G Level Elevator Lobby Backside of Grand Staircase

1525 Clifton Rd

First floor – in the back by roll-up door that leads to the loading dock

Whitehead Biomedical Research Building

Ground Level Lobby Area behind Whitehead Auditorium

1462 Clifton Rd

Connector 1462/OWR on Basement Level

Raoul Hall

Raoul Lobby Area Near UniSex Bathrooms

Woodruff Residential Center

Woodruff Lobby – 1st Floor

School of Medicine Building

School of Medicine Recycling Room on Basement Level near Loading Dock Exit Door

Alumni Memorial University Center

2nd Floor Back Stairwell near Back Stairs

Woodruff Memorial Research Building

2nd floor by Room 2105

Cox Hall

2nd floor Northside

Woodruff P.E. Center

1st Floor Near Hydration Station

Candler School of Theology

Rita Anne Rollins Building- 4th Floor Restroom Area

Atwood Chemistry Center

Recycling Nook Across from Room 175

PAIS Building

Basement Level Recycling Area near Roll Up Door

Mathematics & Science Center

2nd Floor Atrium near Built in Recycling Station

Goodrich C. White Hall

Lobby – 2nd Floor – Eastside of Building Facing Cannon Chapel

University Administration

1st Floor Break Room Southside of Building

Michael C. Carlos Museum

Inside Lower Level Backdoor of Carlos Hall Under Stairwell

Oxford Road Building

Recycling Room near Loading Dock Exit Door behind Barnes/Noble

Callaway Memorial Center

Lower Level Vending Area

Robert W. Woodruff Library

2nd Level Receiving Area- Exit to Loading Dock

Goizueta Business School

GBS Jenkins Commons – Lower Level in Kitchen/Break Room

Smith Residence Hall

Hopkins Hall Lobby facing Goizueta Business School

Macmillan-Gambrell Hall

Law School Receiving Loading Dock Area on 1st Floor

North Decatur Rd. Building

North Decatur Building 1st Floor Main Lobby near Exit Doors to Eastside Parking Lot

Health Sciences Research Building

Recycling Room near Loading Dock on Lower Leve

Emory Midtown Hospital

Convocation Hall

Convocation Hall was formerly the Pitts Theology Library and served as the primary chapel of Emory University. In 1969, it also doubled as the staging ground for one of Emory’s most significant student activism forums–the Black Student Alliance gathered in the chapel that year to address students, faculty, and administrators regarding racial injustices that they felt were still prevalent on Emory’s campus. The BSA marched from the chapel to Cox Hall, kicking off a four day protest that ended with a presentation to Emory Administration of a list of demands which were intended to promote greater equality and diversity on Emory’s campus. This ultimately led to the creation of the African-American Studies program and the hiring of the first African-American administrator.

Learn More

Henry L. Bowden Hall

Bowden Hall is named for Henry Bowden, who served as the Chairman on Emory’s Board of Trustees in the mid-1900s. In 1962 Henry Bowden worked with Dean of Emory Law School Ben Johnson Jr. to win a landmark declaratory statement from the Supreme Court of Georgia which allowed Emory to integrate racially without losing its tax-free status.

Learn More

Robert W. Woodruff Library

Woodruff Library 10th Floor Balcony

Learn More

1599 Clifton Road Parking Deck

Enterprise CarShare is a car share program that a convenient and flexible method of transportation for the Emory community.

Learn More

1762 Clifton Road Parking Deck

Enterprise CarShare is a car share program that a convenient and flexible method of transportation for the Emory community.

Learn More

Michael Street Parking Deck

Enterprise CarShare is a car share program that a convenient and flexible method of transportation for the Emory community.

Learn More

Boisfeuillet Jones Center Parking Deck

In 2019, Emory’s Transportation and Parking Services installed a new electric vehicle charging station on main campus. Since its installation, the unit has contributed to a 17% increase in GHG emissions savings.

Learn More

Emory Clinic Parking Deck

Transport accounts for roughly 14 percent of all greenhouse gas emissions. As transport is a function of economic growth, the city of Atlanta and Emory are committed to reducing emissions through investment in and implementation of sustainable transportation solutions.

Learn More

Lowergate South Parking Deck

In 2019, Emory’s Transportation and Parking Services installed a new electric vehicle charging station on main campus. Since its installation, the unit has contributed to a 17% increase in GHG emissions savings.

Learn More

Peavine Deck EV Charging Station

The Peavine II parking deck has 4 spaces for charging electric vehicles (EV). The Peavine deck location is open to the Emory community and to visitors after 4PM, Monday to Friday.

Learn More

Clairmont Campus Parking Deck

Enterprise CarShare is an automated way to rent a vehicle by the hour, the day, or overnight. A variety of makes and models are parked in your community – where you live, and where you work – and are accessible 24/7.

Learn More

WOODRUFF Residential

Woodruff Lobby – 1st Floor

Hopkins Hall

Hopkins Hall Lobby facing Goizueta Business School. Closest station to Smith, Thomas, and Harris.

RAOUL Hall

Raoul Lobby Area Near All-Gender Bathrooms. Closest station to Turman, Hamilton-Holmes, and Longstreet-Means.

AMUC

2nd Floor Back Stairwell near Back Stairs

WOODRUFF MEMORIAL RESEARCH BLDG

2nd Floor Near 2105

WHITEHEAD BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH BLDG

Ground Level Lobby Area behind Whitehead Auditorium.

VISUAL ARTS

1st Floor Breakroom Area

PSYCHOLOGY AND INTERDISCIPLINARY SCIENCES

Recycling Room

OXFORD ROAD BUILDING

Recycling Room near Loading Dock Exit Door behind Barnes/Noble

O. WAYNE ROLLINS RESEARCH CENTER

G Level Elevator Lobby Backside of Grand Staircase

NELL HODGSON WOODRUFF NURSING

Plaza Level of Nursing School Connector to Public Health

Gambrell Hall

Gambrell Hall Receiving Loading Dock Area on 1st Floor

JAMES B. WILLIAMS MEDICAL EDUCATION BLDG

SOM Recycling Room on Basement Level near Loading Dock Exit Door. Closest station to WHSCAB.

HEALTH SCIENCES RESEARCH BUILDING

Recycling Room near Loading Dock on Lower Level

GRACE CRUM ROLLINS BUILDING

P Level Exit Door leading to Grace Crum Loading Dock. Closest station to Claudia Nance Rollins.

GOODRICH C. WHITE HALL

Lobby – 2nd Floor – Eastside of Building Facing Cannon Chapel. Closest station to Convocation Hall.

GOIZUETA BUSINESS SCHOOL

GBS Jenkins Commons – Lower Level in Kitchen/Break Room. Closest station to Goizueta Foundation Building and Schwartz Center.

FM BLDG - B

Building B Outside Training Room. Closest station to all FM buildings.

Cox Hall

2nd Floor Northside Entrance. Closest station to Alabama Hall.

Administration Building

1st Floor Break Room Southside of Building

CANDLER SCHOOL OF THEOLOGY/PITTS THEOLOGY LIBRARY

Rita Anne Rollins Building – 4th Floor Near Restroom Area. Closest station to Cannon Chapel.

Robert W. Woodruff Library

2nd Level Receiving Area – Exit to Loading Dock. Closest station to Candler Library and Rich Memorial Building.

Callaway Memorial Center

Lower Level Vending. Closest station to Tarbutton, Bowden, Anthropology, and Modern Languages.

North Decatur Building

NDB 1st Floor Main Lobby near Exit Doors to Eastside Parking Lot. Closest station to Burlington Rd. building.

Briarcliff Building B

Main Entrance of Briarcliff Building B Lobby. Closest station to Library Service Center.

Michael C. Carlos Museum

Inside loading dock. Closest station to Carlos Hall.

1599 Clifton Rd.

1st Floor Lobby near Receptionist Desk and Parking Deck Entrance. Closest station to Miller-Ward Alumni House.

MATH AND SCIENCE CENTER

Math and Science 2nd Floor Atrium near Built In Recycling Center. Closest station to B. Jones building.

ATWOOD CHEMISTRY CENTER

1st Floor of Atwood Chemistry near Room 176. Closest station to Emerson.

1525 Clifton Road

1st Floor of 1525 – Just inside of Loading Dock

1762 CLIFTON ROAD

LITS Suite and Dock 1350 inside roll up door

WOODRUFF P E CENTER

1st Floor Near Hydration Station. Closest station to Dobbs Hall.

1462 Clifton Rd.

Connector 1462/O.Wayne Rollins

Emory Recycling Center

The Recycling Center public drop-off is located on Peavine Creek Drive near the Candler Athletic Fields. The drop-off is on the right side of the road before you reach the Recycling Center. Look for the blue carts, in which you can place separated plastic, glass, aluminum, mixed paper, and cardboard. It is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Oxford Student Center Hard to Recycle Materials Station

In the Rotunda

Learn More

Tower Hard to Recycle Materials Station

Plaza level

Learn More

SAAC Hard to Recycle Materials Station

In the lobby

Learn More

Bioswale on Means Drive

WaterHub at Emory University

The WaterHub is an on-site water recycling system on the Emory University campus which utilizes eco-engineering processes to clean waste water for future non-potable uses. It is the first system of its kind to be installed in the United States. Emory’s WaterHub is capable of recycling over 400,000 gallons-per-day –nearly 40% of Emory’s total campus water needs.

Learn More

Biochemistry Connector Green Roof

Water conservation and reclamation are cornerstones of Emory’s water stewardship. These efforts contribute to achieving some of the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals.

Learn More

Bioswale at Emory University Hospital Valet

With the renovation of Emory Hospital in 2014, Emory Healthcare incorporated several bioswales into the physical redesign of its buildings, including a bioswale near the Emory University Hospital Valet. By placing bioswales in areas that are likely to produce more highly polluted stormwater, Emory works to mitigate the effects of pollution where they are most directly felt.

Learn More

Few Hall Greywater System

Solar power is used to pump rainwater from a cistern into dual-flush toilets.

Learn More

Bioswale at Raoul Hall

Raoul is Emory’s newest freshman residence hall and proudly boasts many green features–including a bioswale by its entrance to the Office of Residential Life and Housing–which contributes to its LEED Gold Certification. Having sustainable stormwater drainage systems is crucial on Emory’s Atlanta campus, which is hilly and as such floods rather easily.

Learn More

Longstreet-Means Hall Green Roof

Longstreet-Means Freshman Residential Hall, which opened in the Fall of 2010, incorporated many green aspects into its design in order to achieve its LEED Gold Certification. One of these green features was a miniature green roof, which lines the windows on the Eastern wall of the third floor. On the other side of the building, another narrow bed of plants have also found a home on a different roof outcropping. The majority of the plants here were not artificially planted, but instead native species, whose spores and seeds landed on these patches of soil.

Learn More

Bioswale in Woodruff Circle

Woodruff Circle serves as a commuter hub for faculty, students, and Emory Healthcare employees alike for travel in and around Emory’s campus. With dozens of shuttles making daily stops at this circle, it was crucial that Emory incorporated sustainable runoff drainage systems in into the hub’s redesign. With Woodruff Circle Hub’s 2014 renovation, a bioswale was added to sustainably and naturally treat urban stormwater run-off.

Learn More

Complex Residence Hall Green Roof

The green roof in Complex Freshman Residential Center sits between Hopkins and Smith halls, and was established in 2015 through an OSI Sustainability Incentives Fund grant. In addition to drought-tolerant plants and native species, this green roof boasts lights, outdoor furniture, water fountains, and electrical outlets. The goal was to design a green space that improved energy efficiency and also cultivated a space for students to study or spend leisure time. Emory works to encourage connections between nature and its community in its cultivation of its green spaces, and this green roof serves as just one example of Emory’s commitment to forging environmental relationships.

Learn More

Mathematics & Science Center green roof

The first green roof on Emory’s campus, the green garden topping the Mathematics & Science Center was originally installed in October 2008. The project was part of a student-led pilot study exploring the benefits of green roofs, but in the past decade had fallen into disrepair. The green roof was revived in 2016 by former Emory student Rebecca Park, who had a particular interest in green infrastructure. The MSC green roof now boasts more than 500 native plants–primarily specimens of drought-tolerant sedum and delosperma–and is cared for by students in the environmental sciences department.

Learn More

Bioswale at PAIS Courtyard

Emory’s Psychology and Interdisciplinary Sciences Building(PAIS) was completed in 2009 and included a bioswale in its courtyard as a part of its green design. This integrated “green” feature contributed to the PAIS Building receiving its LEED Gold Certification.

Learn More

WSHCAB Bioswale

With Emory’s renovation of its hospital and health buildings in 2014, Emory Healthcare incorporated bioswales into the physical redesign of many buildings, including the Woodruff Health Sciences Administration Building. There is a bioswale incorporated into the drop-off area near this building in order to directly treat polluted water runoff from heavy traffic in this area.

Learn More

Yerkes National Primate Research Center

Neuroscience building; requires key card access. Contact: Lisa Newbern 404-727-7709

Robert W. Woodruff Library

Schatten Gallery family restroom

School of Medicine

Room P180. Contact: 404-727-5655

Gambrell Hall

Gambrell Hall, first floor restroom by student lockers Contact: Veronica Wright 404-727-6856

Claudia Nance Rollins Building

Main floor women’s restroom; separate room is located inside. Contact: Vanda Hudson 404-712-8378

Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing

Room 423. Contact: Paul Burton pburton@emory.edu

Miller-Ward Alumni House

Contact: Missy Rodil 404-712-8995

Goizueta Business School

Room 102 East Wing. Contact: Joanna Green 404-727-3556

Cox Hall

Location: Cox Hall, 3rd Floor Contact: Shannan Palma 404-727-2031

Emory Children's Center

Rita Anne Rollins Building--Candler School of Theology

Room 119, next to first floor restrooms. Contact: Marian Osborne 404-727-5048

Health Sciences Research Building

Room EG70

O. WAYNE ROLLINS RESEARCH CENTER

Location: Room G68. Contact: Charlie Andrews 404-727-5669

1599 Clifton Road

1st floor room 1338. Contact: Shea Peoples 404-727-7256

Woodruff Library Interfaith Prayer Chapel

Level 1, room 125

Learn More

The Living Mandala

Outside of Canon Chapel

The living Mandala is reflective space for students to commune with the natural world. Contemplation, pacing, prayer, reflection, and many forms of meditation are welcome in this space.

Learn More

Cannon Chapel

Room 106; Cultivating Compassion Meditation, Graduate Student Meditation, and Emory Buddhist Club convene here. The room also has a labyrinth in the carpet and can be used for personal meditation and praying when events are not happening.

Learn More

The Labyrinth

In the bricks between the AMUC and Alabama Hall.

The Labyrinth is a space of pacing and meditation in a central point of transition on campus. It is a perfect place to stop for a moment, rest and be, while the rest of the world continues to move about you.

Learn More

School of Medicine meditation space

Room B03; meditation space weekdays from 12-1pm and guided meditation Wednesdays from 12:15-12:45.

Learn More