Experience sustainability on each Emory campus, and help us achieve our ambitious goals.
From the moment visitors step onto an Emory University campus, you play an important role in our national leadership in sustainability.
- Follow our sustainability maps to plan your trip and find your way around the physical experience
- Learn how to recycle and compost on campus, and how you can help us be zero landfill waste
- Visit the award-winning Water Hub and get a tour from a student docent
- Understand how to get around campus without having to drive on our biofuel powered shuttles, and learn about our No Idle Policy, where to charge your electric car or find alternative fuel, and how to rent a car share
- Enjoy locally and sustainably sourced food in our cafes and coffee shops, visit our educational gardens, and get a snack at the Emory Farmers Market
Helpful Documents and Links for University Visitors
|Emory Sustainability Vision and Strategic Plan for 2015-2025||All Initiatives||Documents & Reports||Our vision for Emory is to be a model of transformative practices and sustainable choices at every level. From the copy room to the operating room, from the class room to the residence hall—among academic units, healthcare units, and operational units—Emory will more deeply engage the challenges of sustainability and expand our leadership in higher education.|
|Emory University Waste Management Policy||Waste||Documents & Reports||Emory’s vision is to be a model of transformative practices and sustainable choices at every level. Given Emory University’s 2025 Sustainability Vision and commitment to divert 95% of its waste from municipal landfills, this University-wide policy establishes those infrastructure and behavioral changes necessary to achieve this goal.|
|How to Recycle and Compost at Emory University||Waste||Videos|
|Idling Reduction Policy||Climate & Air, Transportation||Documents & Reports||As part of Emory's Sustainability Initiatives, we have developed an idling reduction policy for Emory University that provides operating guidelines for Emory University vehicles and all service and delivery vehicles and freight carriers operating on Emory University property.|